Laurel er fra USA, hvorfor nedenstående skrives på engelsk.
- Have run over 35 marathons (NO DNF’s), 4 ultra distances.
- Have podiumed in age group in short distance runs many times 2003-2010.
- Tri For the Cure over all Duathlon Champ 2013
- Northface Endruance Challenge 3rd place female 2007
- Boston Marathon finisher 2009
- Ironman Louisville finisher 2009
- Leadville 100 MTB finisher 2013
- Top 10 female overall Tour De Scottsdale 70 miler 2014
- Chino Grinder 104 gravel grinder 5th place 2015
- Fat Tire 40 top 10 female 2015
- FEMALE WINNER 12 HOURS OF FURY SINGLE SPEED 2015
- 24 HOURS OF OLD PUEBLO MTB female duo 3rd place 2016
- Currently training for Leadville 100 Mountain bike race in August 2016 and also Rebecca’s Private Idaho 104 mile gravel grinder in September 2016.
Superb RAAM crewer
Laurel has crewed for 4 prior RAAM solo riders and has had the experience of being with John Bergen in 2015 crossing the finish line in Annapolis. IT WAS AWESOME and no word can even touch how proud she was to be part of that crew. Laurel grew up in the heart of the midwest in an area called the Quad Cities (Illinois/Iowa) where she was a tomboy athlete from the moment she arrived in this world. Over the years she has taken to endurance athletics specifically and finds joy and happiness in competing in longer and epic distance racing.
Laurel and her husband of 2 years, Bill currently reside in Scottsdale, AZ and Laurel has 2 step children, Holland who will be 8 and Bonnie who will be 5 years old. Laurel can also be found hiking with her plott hound, Daisy Mae multiple days a week at the Gateway trail.
Laurel owns her own guiding company called Wild Bunch Desert Guides, guides jeep tours for Carefree Jeep adventures, works as a clif bar ambassador and takes pleasure in taking people out on fun and wild adventures via mountain bike, off road jeeps and hiking in the Sonoran Desert and Tonto National Forest. She is well known on social media for her hash tag #hugacactus and has spread her glitter and energy all over the trails. Her past involvement in the sport of roller derby (yes I am a invincible girl) gave her the opportunity to express her eccentric, fun, glitter filled personality.
It is not rare when Laurel races to see her with sparkly, glittery eyes, wild things on her helmet and bright knee socks. Laurel takes huge pride in racing mountain bike for Bicycle Ranch in North Scottsdale and is honored to have 24 hour World Time Trial champion and multiple time RAAM finisher Marko Baloh as her coach for the 2016 racing season.
“I am honored and thankful to be on a crew with Aske this year. As soon as he finished RAAM in 2014 he messaged me and asked me to be a part of his journey in 2016.” ” I will never forget his crew in 2014, how nice and respectful to our rider they were and Aske in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night giving me a hug and thanking me for supporting him…totally delerious.”